Sunday, June 17, 2012

Blind...


I am blind,
But I pretend to see
In this hollow darkness, I peep
Searching for shadows, reflections
or blinding lights
Trying to recall what the world looked like
Years ago, is it still the same?
I stretch out my arms towards an empty frame...

I am blind,
But I pretend to see
The world can be cruel to those like me
I find my way through tunnels and streets
I have no eyes, so I cannot weep
Once in a while I am shown the way
at other times, they walk away...

I am blind,
so I pretend to see
but so isn't everybody around me?
There isn't a man who does not lie
There isn't a man who does not cry
They are all tired and spent and lost and denied
They are all finding their way, searching for light
there's nothing they share
there are all like me
they are all blind in this world,
but they pretend to see...

3 comments:

arpitjain099 said...

this one is nice..

arpitjain099 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
arpitjain099 said...

I know that you read your blog comments regularly..so I wanted to say that this poem of yours is really nice..:)