Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New year, Old me!

Every now and then
I have an urge to reject
Everything
That defines me.
Positivity, harmony
Care, love,
Calm, energy
Laughter and ability.
I am more than an expectation
Yours or my own
You were mistaken
If you assumed otherwise!
Don't push me
Down, or on a pedestal
I won't keep
Your veneration, your admiration
In me, you'll never find
Your salvation
Keep them, your applause
Your rewards
For another

Because every once in a while,
I will refuse to value them
They will mean nothing
And that ought to serve you right!

Oh! Its been a while
Since I last refused to care
And today I have finally
Reaffirmed my identity!

Its a new year
But thankfully
The same old me!

1 comment:

annie o Roberts said...

New Year is the time at which a new calendar year begins and the calendar's year count increments by one. Many cultures celebrate the event in some manner. The New Year of the Gregorian calendar, today mostly in use, falls on 1 January (New Year's Day), as was the case both in the old Roman calendar (at least after about 713 BCE) and in the Julian calendar that succeeded it. Refer essay writing service reviews to get good reviews about the site.