Thursday, May 26, 2016

Watch

And once again
I watch you from afar
As you go about
being yourself
Walking that walk
As if heading nowhere
Casually

Everything about you is casual
The way you stroke your beard
Yours eyes staring blankly
At everything, and nothing
The way you light your cigarette,
and mine
And the way you flick it
In casual dismissal
The way you laugh
Throwing your head backwards
I derive particular gratifaction
When its because of something I say

I like the way you look at me
Amused
Do I delight you? Please you?
I think so
I watch you
When you seek me out
Very deliberately
And expel me from your consideration
Just as surely

But all I do is watch you
From a safe, safe distance
Considering your every move
And never surrendering
Because I know
That it would be just as futile
As simply watching you


No comments: