Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The real you

I am learning to see you as you are
Getting to know the man
That resides in that body
And not the one I like you to be.
Speak, this time I am really listening to you
Exactly what you are saying
And how you are saying it
No, not projecting ideas,
Not assuming things that would
comfort my heart
But really watching,
Concentrating
Not sensing
Or feeling
Or wishing
Or expecting
But really,
For the first time
I am seeing you
Not as a fragment of my fantasy
But as an actual, substantive
Human being

And rest assured,
That even now,
You're every bit as charming
As you were
When you had lived inside my head.

1 comment:

Bukan Saya said...

This is a very good post. Just wonderful. Truly, I am amazed at what informative things you've told us today. Thanks a million for that. Foto Cantik Bule dengan Memek Sempitnya